Thursday, March 19, 2015

Gifts of Love

I realize that I've been sounding a bit whiny in my previous posts.... focusing on what's wrong with me instead of all the blessings in my life.  Believe me, that's not how I am all the time. I realize that I am blessed in so many ways.

My birthday is coming up next week, and this year I seem to be having a two-week long celebration.  I didn't plan it this way, but that's how it is working out, and I'm so happy about it!  My parents took me (and the rest of our family) out to dinner last week, I had an at-home spa evening with one of my daughters on Sunday, I went out for pizza with some friends on Tuesday, and I've been getting so many gifts throughout the week.

I'm not the kind of person who expects people to give me gifts, but I very much appreciate the gifts I've been given this year.  Everybody seems to be going with a "cozy and comfortable" theme, which is absolutely perfect for my fibro body.  I got bath salts and essential oils, a comfy heating pad, yoga pants, warm socks and super soft flip flop slippers.  (I debated posting a picture of my feet in the slippers but my toes have not seen the light of day for the entire winter and they are NOT ready to be seen!  I'm thinking a pedicure might be in my future.) 

I love all of my gifts, but the thing that really makes me happy is knowing that all these people really care about me.  Honestly, I know this sounds cheesy but just having my friends and family around as I go through this fibro stuff is the best gift of all.  (Ok, yeah... that really did sound corny!)

No comments:

Post a Comment